Social Care

Social Care is there for those who need it, improving your quality of life.

Search for local services/support


Social Care In Oxfordshire

Some people need extra care or support - practical or emotional - to lead an active life and do the everyday things that many of us take for granted. Oxfordshire is working to provide a social care system that provides care for those who need it, and which enables people to retain their independence and dignity.

Oxfordshire County Council is the local authority responsible for promoting people’s well-being, focusing on prevention and providing information and advice. Find out more here.
Oxfordshire County Council supports people to live their lives as successfully, independently and safely as possible. Oxfordshire Support Finder tells you about support services across Oxfordshire. Find out more here.


Care Act 2014

The Care Act came into effect from 1 April 2015 and Local Authorities have a general responsibility to promote people’s well-being, focusing on prevention and providing information and advice against a consistent, national criteria. Find out about the Care Act here.


Try calling 111 if you need assistance but it's not an emergency. The operative will ask you questions about your condition and suggest the most appropriate action to take.

Calling 111 may result in the operative advising you to call your GP. Do this as soon as you are advised to or if you have a condition that you feel requires an appointment.

You should only call 999 for an ambulance in a medical emergency where it is obvious that you or another person has a serious life-threatening illness or injury.

If this has not helped you with your issue, it may be time to try one of these three options